Saturday, February 6, 2010

Advanced Throat Cancer Life Expectancy Explaining Death To A 2 Yr Old?

Explaining death to a 2 yr old? - advanced throat cancer life expectancy

The grandfather of my husband died last night of lung and larynx cancer. We knew that in the near future, but do not expect last night () this morning. My daughter (her great-granddaughter) is 2 years and 9 months. It is very promising for his age and I think deserves to know the truth.
How can I tell you that he is dead? I have not dealt much with death in my life, so I'm not sure how to handle it when it comes to her.

I thought that went pop, with God in heaven, and we will not see for a while, but we will someday. I would also say it is normal to be sad because we miss him, but keep in mind that we will meet again.
Does that sound right?

Because of its current age, she reminds him when I grow up? He just loved and revered.

Even if I do the funeral?

Thank you in advance.

1 comment:

Stranger in Sydney said...

Although I am not religious, I think his plan is the only way to eliminate confusion in this age, without much need for her daughter. Make sure you state very clearly that it is not too confusing and boring ... Children can remember the things we have said very clearly and is about what has been said that every day for a long time for him, so we do not want to keep as a bad thing.
Personally I would not him to the funeral, but it's just me. I never participate in the funeral of a child, and I'm happy.

Good luck and sorry for your loss.

Post a Comment